Thursday, May 23, 2013

PB&J Cupcakes

I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. As a child I would sneak spoonfuls of peanut butter when my dad wasn't looking. And today I still sometimes just fill a spoon with peanut butter or almond butter and eat just that. But the combination of peanut butter and jelly is one of my all time favourites. You just can't go wrong!

This recipe is a little interesting. I wouldn't say it is my favourite and I will probably (someday) post a revised version BUT this is a good version (I just know I can do it better) The cu
pcake is quite dense and cookie like, which I really liked, and the frosting is a touch on the sweet side but it balances out the not so sweet cupcake. Without further ado!

Well aren't you pretty...too bad I am gonna eat you :)


Peanut Butter Cupcake
adapted from Taste of Home

 Ingredients
1/3 cup of butter, softened
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (although I am sure chunky would add a nice texture)
1 1/4 cups of packed brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup milk (I used 2%) 

Process

Preheat over to 350F and fill a muffin tin with liners

In the bowl of your mixer cream together the butter, peanut butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla. 

In a medium bowl combine the dry ingredients

Add the dry ingredients and the milk alternatingly into the creamed mixture. Beat well after each addition.      

Fill paper lined muffin cups 2/3 full (they do not rise very much) Bake for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes our clean.

Cool before frosting.

Raspberry Buttercream 
adapted from The Curvy Carrot  

4 sticks of butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup of raspberry jam (this is all by taste; as little or as much raspberry as works for you)
2-3 cups of powdered sugar (go with taste on this one again)

Begin by creaming the butter and slowly add in 1 cup of sugar and some of the raspberry jam and wait until it has fully mixed and then taste and add more of what ever is lacking. Once you have achieved your desired flavor and consistency frost your delicious cupcakes.

**One thing I have learned about frosting is that so much of it comes down to taste. The butter generally stays the same and you can play around with the sugar. Just taste as you go (so important)*
   


   






No comments:

Post a Comment