Sunday, April 7, 2013

Peanut Butter Cookies

And by peanut butter cookies, I mean the greatest peanut butter cookies I have made/eaten.  I would like to say that I am a connoisseur of all things peanut butter, but I admit that lately I have been cheating with my friend almond butter. I decided this last week that we (my husband and I) needed some simple and delightful peanut butter cookies.

My search ended with a modified version of a recipe I found on Smitten Kitchen one of my favourite food blogs. Here you go they are a little crisp and a lot chewy and perfect and thin. Enjoy!







Peanut Butter Awesomeness (or Cookies if you insist)

1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of unsalted butter, softened
1 cup of peanut butter at room temperature (you could heap this a little for a stronger PBtaste)
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup firmly pack light brown sugar
1 large egg, room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Some extra sugar to roll the little dough balls in.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

In a large bowl, beat the butter and peanut butter together until fluffy (I let mine continue to mix while I was getting everything ready. This resulted in them spreading and being flatter, but that is what I was looking for. To keep them thicker don't over mix at this stage) Add the sugars and beat until smooth. Add the egg and mix well. Add the milk and vanilla extract. And the flour mixture and beat thoroughly. Stir in the peanut butter. Drop round spoonfuls onto a the sprinkling sugar and roll them in it. Then place on a cookie sheet with parchment paper, leaving a few inches for spreading.  Using a fork, lightly indent with a criss-cross pattern (mine spread so much you couldn't see it but, that's ok)

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes (11 was prefect in my oven). They will look a little underdone but you want that chewiness so don't over bake.

Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and try to wait until they are cooled down to dig in.



Enjoy with some coffee :)


No comments:

Post a Comment