Monday, April 29, 2013

My Favourite Cookbook

*Before I start you should know the bakery has no part in me talking about their book. I just love this cook book so much I want everyone to be able to make these beautiful baked goods.**

miette: recipes from san francisco's most charming pastry shop

All I can say is "Buy this cookbook you will not be sorry!!!" I had never heard of Miette but I just loved the pictures! The first thing I will say is that these are time consuming recipes but every step is worth it and you can taste it. The first recipe I tried was the Tomboy Cake and I made a vanilla cinnamon buttercream. It was amazing!!!

 Amazing Tomboy Cake.



The second recipe I tried was the lemon shortbread cookies. Once again blown away!! I had never been able to successfully make shortbread and these direction were so wonderfully laid out that it was perfection. I can't wait to try different variations!
  Everything delightful in one tiny square.

I am hoping this winter to be able to go to Miette on a roadtrip to visit family. I will take pictures and you'll all see :)


For Mother's Day I am going to make their Coconut Mousse Cake (my mother-in-law, and myself, love coconut) and I might make the Strawberry Charlotte, because let's be honest two cakes are always better than one.




(come back later this week for peanut butter jelly cupcakes :) I am pretty excited about this one)  





1 comment:

  1. Yum that cake looks delicious and sounds like it would be perfect for Mother's day! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com

    ReplyDelete